Introduction & Aim
At AddOn, we passionately believe that business can be the force for positive change. We recognize that our operations have an impact on the environment, as well as the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. To achieve this, we manage our business in accordance with ISO 14001:2015, and the UN Global Compact; principles 7, 8 and 9.
This company policy is part of our commitment to minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment and to not causing pollution. This policy describes how we will go about achieving this aim.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all decision making and activities
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work
- Continue to ensure that all suppliers comply with ROHS through regular compliance statements and audits
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate programs and policies
- Communicate our environmental commitment to suppliers, clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimize the impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in respect to our current and planned future activities
This Environmental Policy applies to all our activities. The Director of Operations will be responsible for overseeing that the policy is implemented within the business. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
To achieve our aims, we have set the following specific targets:
1) Electric: Monitor grid & renewable electric energy consumption in the UK facility by direct measurement in kW. Implement employee training, automation and other energy saving initiatives to minimize electricity use. Our target is to ensure greater than 35% of all electricity consumed comes from Solar Panels by July 2019.
2) Waste: Improve waste management via employee training and reduction of non-recyclable packaging in the supply chain, and ensure separation of metals, batteries, cardboard & paper and plastics to ensure that we recycle greater than 45% (by weight, tonnes) of all waste, from 2019 and in each subsequent year.
3) Supply Chain: Inform all suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact, to ensure that greater than 40% of our tier 1 supply chain is from ISO 14001 certified suppliers by December 2025.
4) Water: Monitor consumption of water, to ensure that greater than 60% (by volume, m3) of “reclaimed water” is used from 2019 and in each subsequent year.
5) Life cycle: Work with customers to provide an end of life recycle scheme to help encourage responsible disposal and recycling in accordance with “WEEE” regulations, from 2019 and in each subsequent year.
6) Carbon footprint: Monitor CO2e of energy through transport (by tonnes of CO2e) and work to encourage lower carbon equivalent means of transport including alternatives such as video conferencing and telephone calls from 2023 and in each subsequent year.
7) Carbon: Identify scope 1, scope 2 and scope 3 emissions, per Carbon Trust standards. Monitor GHG and CO2e of Fluorinated gases vs 2019 base data to submit to Carbon Disclosure Project by 2024.
8) Supply Chain: Work with our suppliers to identify and increase the proportion of virgin materials used in packaging such as cardboards, papers, and plastic and seek to use recycled alternatives from 2023.
9) Endorsement: Implement ISO 14001 framework and certification from 2020, and maintain certification each subsequent year. Strive for continuous improvement of the EMS to enhance environmental performance.
10) Technology: Continue to provide low power consumption solutions, which can enable customers to lower their impact on the environment.
Additional environmental performance targets will be outlined in our Quality and Environmental Objectives document, QF004.
Monitoring & Auditing:
Progress against these targets will be monitored at regular management review meetings, for which the Director of Operations will have overall responsibility, and will remain accountable to the CEO. Audits will be performed at least annually; internally by the ISO Group, and externally by 3rd party consultant or Lloyds register auditors.
This Environmental Policy is available to employees on the shared drive and is available to any external interested party on request.
A Lloyds ISO 14001 “certified” logo will appear on the company website to help communicate our values to our customers and suppliers.